- Category: General
- Published Date
- Written by KK / Vivian
- Hits: 21
|Tai Wo Station [太和站] > Ng Tung Chai [梧桐寨] > Maclehose Trail Section 8 Pavilion [麥理浩徑第八段] > Yin Ngan [燕岩] > Tai Po Station [大埔火車站]||
Lowest: 20 m
Highest: 780 m
* duration excludes travelling time
A 2.5 BOOT route is proposed for 26 May 2013 around Tai Mo Shan Country Park (part around Tai Po), New Territories.
We will meet at 10:15 am at Tai Wo Station Concourse near Customer Service Area [Exit A] and take bus 64K to the starting point of the hiking near Ng Tung Chai. We will climb a few hundred steps along a trail, pasing Ng Tung Chai waterfalls and to the Pavilion near mile post 142 of section 8 of the Maclehose Trail.
After the Pavilion, we will continue on the Maclehose Trail section 8 and go towards Yin Ngan and return to Tai Po Market Station at around 4:30 pm.
Please bring the usual stuff plus pair of gloves, long trousers, water and lunch etc.
And please make sure you read, understand and accept the walk RULES below!
- Category: Fact File
- Published Date
- Hits: 1722
Bring all the usual things, for example:
|FOOD||At least a lunch (and perhaps some fruit and a few high energy snacks - walking can be hungry work!)|
|WATER||You know yourself how much you will need (at least 2 litres is ideal but during summer 3 litres or more is highly recommended.|
|TORCH||At least a small one (and if your batteries are not new, bring some spare ones).|
|SUN BLOCK||Protect your skin from Sun burn.|
|MOS SPRAY||Protect you from Mosquitos, especially in the Summer.|
|RAIN GEAR||A foldable lightweight waterproof at least (especially if weather looks dodgy!).|
Bring anything else that you personally think you will need (tissues, a warm hat, scarf etc), and remember to wear decent walking boots. And if you are new to HK Trampers, then please read our FAQs (see top of right sidebar)
If it is raining hard or thunderstorms are threatening, the walk might be cancelled. If in doubt, call the Trampers hotline 8209-0517 in the morning.
Who should not come?
- Those who do not meet the Boot rating for the walk - (click here or the Boots image above to learn about our 3 Boot rating system)
- Those who do not fulfill our NEP Check - (click here to learn about our Nep Check)
- Those who are not prepared to help out in chores, as we are all volunteers, and so cannot be expected to do everything required for the walk. Therefore, you may be called upon to assist with the chores during the walk (Generally speaking, this is usually basic tasks such as doing a headcount of the group etc).
- Those who do not wish to take any/little risk in outdoor activities (e.g. being lost and stranded in the mountains). Walks are unpredictable and therefore carry an element of risk.
- Those who have a tendency to grumble about things that do not turn out the way they want them to. It's not a good attitude to bring to a walk, as quite often things do not go as planned.
Now that all that's been taken care of, we hope to see you at the walk and have some fun!
- Category: Website Pages
- Published Date
- Hits: 10221
This doesn't mean that anyone can join us. You are eligible only if you pass the Trampers' NEP check
- NO Trace Left Behind (except footprints!) All Trampers must adhere strictly to this policy. This means that you are expected to remove all rubbish, and must not pick flowers or any plants or remove species from the walk.
- ENSURE that you can finish the walk at a crisp pace. Check the boot rating of the walk and estimate your capability realistically.
- PUNCTUALITY - Trampers must arrive at the meeting point of the walk no later than 10 minutes after the due meeting time.